Manual Mobile App Testing
Manual Mobile App Testing that Moves at the Speed of Mobile
Manual mobile app testing is an important component of QA testing. Whether it’s to investigate a defect, validate style standards or to verify performance, the reasons for interactive testing are plentiful. However, challenges arise when testers must share a single pool of devices – especially across different locations.
Traditionally, manual mobile app testing has been plagued with inefficiency – ranging from time wasted while waiting on a device to be shipped or found to inadvertently testing the wrong app version. When multiple app versions must be tracked and tested, or when continuous integration is being used to rapidly deliver mobile app updates, the complexity multiplies.
One Solution to Overcome Manual Mobile App Testing Challenges
deviceConnect paves the way to efficient, accurate manual mobile app testing by giving mobile engineers the ability to:
- Obtain secure access to a real mobile device
- Remotely view and interact with the mobile device and any mobile app
- Use remote multi-touch gestures
- Launch the latest version of an app loaded by the build system
- Test any prior app version
- Capture screen shots to document app issues
- Monitor key device parameters like storage usage and battery condition
- Obtain devices based on platform (Android™, iOS), type or version
Why Mobile Labs?
Only Mobile Labs’ deviceConnect delivers the efficiency and security of a private mobile device cloud for manual mobile app testing. deviceConnect installs mobile apps quickly and transparently for the manual tester, eliminating the need for vendor-supplied tools. With deviceConnect, testers can remotely view and test mobile apps while also managing app versions – dramatically improving mobile device utilization, reducing the number of mobile devices needed, cutting the time a mobile device must be dedicated to a single test, and increasing mobile test engineer effectiveness and efficiency.